Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Friday, July 22, 2005

Bad Blogger, First Socks and Entrelac

Hmmmmmmm, guess I'm a BAD Blogger. Definitely one of those people who is always in search of learning something new, so sometimes the "old" gets left behind. I do enjoy cruising though other's blogs though. There are so many sources, I should probably check a bunch of them out to see which appeals to me more. This knitting thing is new to me, since December of last year. Only updated yesterday because of the SP from the Felted Bag KAL. This morning I perused The Knitting Doctor's Blog - fun! Haven't posted in so long that I think I'll get some pics up. I need to get to the Post Office today to get the 4 bags out to SF CA for Vanessa's nursing "mom" at work. Yesterday was a lazy day knitwise, but I did have a great lunch at Max a Mia with a GF. Had CAVATAPPI SPAGLIATI Shrimp, calamata olives, sundried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, garlic, pesto, Grana Parmigiano. Yummo! Today I am going to tackle the beginning of the second sock of my first pair. I need to get 4 or more inches done on the cuff before class on Sunday. Using the "Simply Splendid Socks!" pattern by Lucy Neatby and Plymouth Sockotta Yarn (Fiber Content: 45% cotton 40% super wash wool 15% nylon, Cleaning: machine wash, tumble dry, Gauge: 7 sts = 1" on #2 needles, (Good God - #2!) Yardage: 414 yards, Price: $9.00). Color: 617 Bought a set of Bates #2 DPNs since the #2 Brittany I brought were too much of a struggle. I discovered that I knit a lot more tightly than the others in my class (AND that I have the skinniest ankles!). Learned the Twisted German Cast On Lucy Neatby's Grafting Method Also making some progress on the Entrelac Bag. Here is the first sample swatch I did during class with Ann Feitelson at The Wool Connection July 16th. The swatch was made with #9 circs as suggested, with a and a 3-st 6 row pattern. For the purse since I knit so tightly and want larger rectangles I am using the 6 st 12 row pattern and US # 11 needles):

Ended up with: Lamb's Pride M-05 Onyx Lamb's Pride M- 145 Spice LP M124 Persian Peacock Tahki Donegal Tweed (100% wool; 183 yd [167 m]/100 g): #866 gray tweed,100% Pure New WoolGauge: 8/4.5 sts10/100g / 183 yds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home