Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cloths for Katrina, Club and gift

Tonight a young woman gifted me with this book. She had been hinting that she might want to learn to knit. I patiently waited until enough time had gone by, that I was convinced that she was serious, after mentioning it a few times. I gave her with a pair of needles and some yarn. I had cast-on, and done a couple of rows. I showed her the basic knit stitch. Bless her heart; she spent over an hour just repeating the knit stitch. He husband wanted her to make a Dr. Who Scarf for him! They told me tonight that she has since signed up for a couple of beginning knitting classes at work. Another convert – I love it! Colin, thank you for the book! Not necessary, but a very pleasant surprise! And yes, you can make these face/dish cloths! Tomorrow is the first Cloths For Katrina knit-in at school. I can't wait to see how it goes. I even stopped after work today and picked up cookies for the kids! The SP box is packaged, but I somehow lost the addy and couldn't stop and mail it off - on the list for tomorrow. Other than the wicked cold that I inherited from Phil, things are good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home