Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Whirlwind Kathy - house ideas

Last night I got to festering (as my kids say - "You know how Mom is"! Hmmmmm, the house needs to be redone. Just like me, I can never make things simple. So the plan is that I will start with three of the bedrooms:

  1. Pack up Vanessa's things - her clothes can go from the closet to the dresser since I plan to keep that. Move her things into Justin's old room that is now being used as a sewing/yarn storage room. Vanessa room is the largest of the 3. I had initially planned to use Justin's old room, but duh, she only comes home a few times a year, and I could use the space.
  2. Clean all my books and "stuff" out of the closet in the bedroom Phil uses as an office, so he can have storage space to clean up his stuff.
  3. Call for estimates to replace all the carpeting with hard wood floors (I absolutely HATE carpeting!)
  4. Paint Vanessa's old room - thinking yellowish - kinda a garden room theme - Benjamin Moore Butter.
  5. Paint Justin's old room, which will now be Vanessa's room - thinking sageish - Benjamin Moore - Spring Valley
  6. Repaint Phil's office - thinking keeping it the same - Atrium White (goodness there already seems to be a theme building!)
  7. Repaint the upstairs hallway.
  8. Replace Vanessa’s antique white French Provincial style double bed with a day bed?
  9. Move my computer and the sewing machine from the kitchen (yes the kitchen, I've really liked having it here especially when I was working on my last Master's Degree) upstairs to my new sewing/yarn room. Also move the cutting table, swift, yarn winder into this room.

I am figuring that the master bed room will have to wait since that entails replacing the waterbed with new mattresses and a lot more chaos and confusion. Next year for that I am thinking. The family room was painted about a year ago, the kitchen maybe 3. Living room and dining room are fine.

I still need to get rid of the med-lift chair, and get J to come and get his books out of the basement. Also get rid of the freezer, Bennington Pine bedroom set (bed, triple dresser with hutch, dresser, and oak entertainment unit that are in the basement). The TV in V's room needs to go too, as well as the hutch for her dresser and the canopy for the bed.

It sound like the house is in worse shape than it really is as I read this, but I feel better now that I at least have a plan. Haven't painted these rooms in 10 years since I bought the house, and actually they are in good shape; just needs to be freshened up a bit. Gee, can I get all this done in the next 5 weeks before school starts? Make that 4 since we leave for a week in the Dominican Republic.

Now to get those socks ready for class this afternoon....

AND this is so cute! The dancing grannies are adorable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home