Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's Official

I am a dork and KALer. I am determined to get this WP thing going. I downloaded it and have been playing but it still doesn’t look exactly like I want it to be. I did download another template. I would prefer a 3 column layout, but couldn’t get that to work with the template I downloaded. Looks like I will need to upload all the pictures again, if I don’t want it to continue to reference blogger. I cast on for the Pivocoli (pattern by Grumperina). I joined the SKC KAL. I cast on to swatch Reynold’s Saucy that I picked up at The Fabric Place last summer. Color 396. 5 1/2 sts = 1″ on US 9. (100% worsted weight mercerized cotton 100 GR / 185 yards Machine washable and dryable). And looking ahead, actually got some good info: “Here’s how it works.You know the knitted cast-on, just in general? You have a stitch on the left needle, insert right needle into stitch as if to knit, pull a loop through, then put it on the needle. Rinse and repeat.Here it’s the same idea.When it’s time to cast-on for the underarms, you will need to take your work and turn it around. Okay, now you have some stitches on the left needle. Proceed with knitted cast-on BUT instead of doing pseudo-knit stitches, do pseudo-purl stitches. Insert needle as if to purl, wrap yarn, pull through, place on needle. Repeat until it’s time to join the other stitches (at which point, turn your work around again)!It makes such a nice, clean edge on the right side. SO nice. HTH Grumperina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home