Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Yarn Shortage Again

Don’t ya hate when this happens? I ran out of Cherry Tree Hill Silk & Merino dk. A 50/50 silk and merino blend dk weight with a put up of 4 oz / 313 yards. Gauge: 20 sts and 29 rows to 4″ on size 5 needles. I’m using #2 dps and Old Rose. I should have know, and of course I did The pattern called for Phildar Preface, 70% superwash wook, 30% nylon 193 m = 211 yards - 2 balls for a total of 422 yards. I even shortened the leg from 8″ to 7″. I opted to continue the 4 round lace repeat down the instep. Since I can’t drive yet (due to the epidural injections last Thursday, but mostly because of the Neurontin and Vicodin) so hubby offered to take me over to the LYS to pick up some more. They don’t open ’til 1 though. At $36.00 a hank, these are going to be the most expensive socks I will own. They will look cute with my new birks though! With the remainder of the yarn I am going to make pedicure socks from SpunMag or Knitty. I also want to pick up a felted clog pattern. I started a new baby blanket in Lion Brand Jamie Classic: Pistachio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home