Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Monday, May 15, 2006

Cherry Tree Hill Panorama Socks Done!

Actually did finish these on Saturday, just had to finish weaving the ends on the second sock. These were done in Cherry Tree Hill Old Rose on #2 dpns - 8 sts/1 inch. The pattern is Panorama Socks from the Knitting Patterns-a-day Calendar, July 21. I brought the pattern all the way down the instep, and used a Twisted German cast-on with 64 stitches. I also used a little trick I learned from the Magic Loop booklet and twisted all the picked up gusset stitches (ktbl). What I didn’t like about the pattern is how far down the gusset goes. The toe should start 2 - 2/14 inches before the end rather than the 1 1/2 the pattern called for. ALSO one should really think about beginning a project with $36 yarn @ 313 yards when the pattern calls for a sock yarn @ 211 2 balls for a total of 422! So these are now my $72 socks!!! AND now what do I do with the 200 yards left over??? Also got some progress on the baby blanket yesterday. Hope to get that done over the next few days. Someone please remind me how much I hate knitting with acrylic!

The Donegal Tweed should be on my door step soon, and I have the doc on Wednesday, and am assuming the injections on Thursday.

Had a nice brunch with son yesterday, and hubby bought and steamed a 2 1/2 pound lobster for me last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home