Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Monday, August 07, 2006

August FOs Goal

Beautiful weather here in CT all weekend! Raining this morning though. Figures since I was up before 6 washing the outside garden window, the sliders and the bath window off the deck. I am determined to finish my UFOs! I will finish the incredibly boring Diagonal Baby Blanket. Want to get Bobbie Bear done before the shower too. Did I mention how much I hate Homespun?

Meanwhile, I joined the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. Directions are sent out in installments over 6 days, twice a month. No pictures, and no clues as to what it is. I really should have paid more attention, and been more patient, and waited until I could pick up some solid color cotton yarn. None-the-less, I started on day 4, and had to wait until day 5 and day 6 to finish up. Which I did yesterday. A solid color would have shown the Lighthouse up nicely! I'm hoping through this group or in my Internet travels I can find some sports themes, preferably baseball to match the GS's nursery.

The next one starts Aug 16 "Yarn color: you need 2 different colors. One can be plain and the other vareigated or both plain.Needle size: 7 (US) = 4.5 mmYarn amount: 2 small balls". KAL Blog suggests solid colors for the first one of the month, and vareigated or solid for mid-month.

Not sure if I will get to Michaels or the LYS today since I have mani/pedi and pt appointments and will probably stop for lunch in between since I need to be out of the house while the house cleaners come. I could use the variegated for the Garterlac. These pictures might help, even though I have done some Entrelac before. I don't even use dishcloths but they are quick satisfaction even if I am an incredibly slow knitter!

Part of the ensemble that Phil picked up for Effie sans the matching shirt and bandana:

Taken May 28, that's the Big Guy on the left:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home