Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Baby, Wisdom Teeth, FO & WIP

Not too much progress, as I am waiting for the corticosteroid injections to kick in. The doc worked on L3 & 4 on Tuesday. If I sit too long, the pain kicks in. The initial ultrasound that the doc did, due to the tech being out sick, on Tuesday showed the umbilical cord in the way. She said she is 85% sure it is a girl. The tech is supposed to do another today at 1. Now I can start knitting some cute little girly stuff, instead of these benign colors. Hubby said he would take me to the LYS on Sat to pick up the yarn for the Ugg Baby Booties using my gift certificate! The youngest in SF is having all 4 wisdome teeth out today. Thank goodness that both she and her roommate are nurses. Being that far away I am just thankful that she will have full time nursing at home! FO: Jamie Classic (Lion Brand purchased through Smileys), Pistachio, used 8 skeins for the (Boring) Easiest Baby Blanket pattern, yarn doubled throughout. Finished size 30 x 36. Siz US 15 Addi 24″ circular needle. Remind me again how much I hate knitting with Acrylic. At least they can wash it with ease, and it is a heavy warm blanket which will be good since the baby is due in October. And I bought 10 skeins, when I was doing an order for the club, so it only cost $16 since I only used 8. Made for some mindless Vicodin knitting though. OTN: Sixth Sense Socks from the Six Sock Knit Along which is closed for membership right now. I am so late in starting this since the new sock is due out at the beginning of June. I’ll just continue to work at my own pace. Sixth Sense Socks, Vintage Reynolds Monte Carlo, 100 wool, Color Olive, Dye Lot 62628, 50 gms, 205 yards, on 5 size US 2 dpns. Also made a little progress on the T3, pattern from Knitty.com. Vintage Brunswick 100% Pure Shetland Wool, S 79 Lowland Green, 1 oz skeins, on US 5 Addi Turbo 40″ circular. Also there was some chatter on SockKnitters about the Fortissima Socka Stars and Stripes # 1776. I could only find it, doing a Google Search from a place in the Netherlands, so I posted to the Yahoo Group for help. Mary from The Knitting Zone, along with some others responded with sources. I ended up ordering from The Knitting Zone and Mary told me it would be shipped out today! AND with a 10% discount for SockKnitters! Just looks like a fun yarn to work up. I think I need to get back to work soon, since I have been spending like a wild woman! I also ordered labels from Herrschners - 1 pkg with my name, another with Mom, but I forgot to order “Grandma” I also ordered the 10 inch stretchy circulars in size US 2 for a new toy to play with. Of course I needed yarn to try them out so I ordered Meilenweit Magico Sock Yarn in Color C-2525. I contacts Webs yesterday about the Donnegal Tweed. Seems my order got misplaced but they promised to ship it out today, with free shipping. That’s for the Top Down Raglan for Hubby. I measured the rest of the Cherry Tree Hill Silk and Merino DK. I have 2 balls of 94 yards each. I’m going for the pedicure socks! Like I don’t have enough stash already. AND, What was I thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home