Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where have I been?

I’ve been checking some other blogs and realized that it has been forever since I posted! Knitting has taken a back seat for a few reasons. But I am back at it. I’m working on the Tomten sweater form Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitting Without Tears, for the baby due April 17. I’m using up stash yarn in Pingouin Country color 004 for the trim and 008 for the body. (Fiber Content: 40% Acrylic/ 30% Wool/ 30% Mohair, Made In: Turkey, Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat, Gauge: 20 st/4 inches 4.0 mm (US 6) 50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 96 m (106 yards). Also on the needles is Sunny Baby Blanket in icky Red Heart 1926 Sweet Dreams mul ti.

I've also recently kept up with the Monthly Dishcloth KAL.








January 2009 - Ice Skate















January mid-month 2009
February 2009: Kiss Me













I really need to get over to my favorite LYS to get some nicer yarns, but I've been trying to use up the closet full that I already have. I did commit to the monthly dishcloths and ordered all the colors for the year. I still don’t know why I do them, as I don’t use them. I have a friend who does use them and since her birthday is coming up I might put together a spa basket for her. I would like to make the February Lady Sweater and need to check if there is enough of the yarn that I bought at Webs. I think I would be a skein short :( But I have unfinishitis: The Mac and Me two color sweater that I knit last year in 2007 still needs seaming and all the ends woven in. The Clapotis is not finished The flag socks are not finished
AND I have a ton of papers to grade this week.
Off to get ready for a Valentine’s Day lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home