Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Friday, July 29, 2005

Nice day!

GFs kidnapped me at 10 this morning. (Unfortunately there was an awful accident nearby so it took me a bit longer to hook up with them). After a bit of a traffic struggle, we were off to a wonderful lunch at Hopkins Inn. I had a Veal Piccata dish, and bought a couple bottles of local wine and a 2 bottle wine carry thing. Then we moved on to Litchfield center to window shop and had dessert and coffee at West Street Grill – yummy raspberry sherbet. They gave me a beautiful necklace as a gift too! The weather was beautiful, and it was a WONDERFUL day. Thanks, Ladies! Love You! In the mean time V called and when I told her about the plans for the house, she was a bit upset. I am dismantling her most recent childhood room. She was unhappy about me getting rid of the “new” carpets, changing the rooms around, changing the colors (NOT yellow), getting rid of her old furniture – what will she use when she moves back East permanently? Actually I thing she would rather her future niece have the furniture! She called back a few hours later, and after processing all of it, thinks it is a good idea. She knew that her bed needed replacing, and the daybed will be a good alternative for her room/guest room. I may not use the new craft/sewing/computer room as much as I would hope, but I think it will go a long way to organizing the house! She did say that I need to get going on replacing the kitchen floor – I know – but that is an even bigger job. I will get to it… BTW Vanessa my socks are not UGLY! Even though I was told they are Pippi Longstocking colors. We will see about tomorrow’s class, as S said that “we’re off to the Jersey shore as soon as I get done with you.” Will have to see how hard it is to get to the shop if the accident scene is not cleaned up. Phil and Justin need to work tomorrow anyway, so not much will get done in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home