Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Home, House, Memories and Socks

OK, so life is not perfect. Well maybe it was for one week. Reminder to self: always choose an all-inclusive adult only (read - NO Children!) couples resort. What heaven. Then a cold reminder of real life on the transfer back to the airport when we stopped at 1 other resort. A few couples and a family got on. We had traveled 2 minutes - 2 lousy minutes when we heard "I want my Game Boy!” And another minute later "I want my Game Boy NOW!” My blood boiled and one look at Phil and the other couples from Secrets said it all. In all fairness, there is a time for everything... The thing that was most impressive all week was the shrieking QUIET. (Notice how few people there are - that was how it was). The only thing that awakened me all week was the 3 AM rain. In the pool, at the beach, in the dining rooms and all the common areas all you saw were couples, quietly interacting or silently sharing together time; floating together in the pool, holding hands walking on the beach, toasting each other at dinner. Occasionally 2 couples together or the family that accompanied the wedding couple who got married last week – and there were many weddings. “Honeymooners” banners were on many of the doors to the suites. Just couples, whether for their honeymoon, anniversary or just to enjoy and renew. Purely selfish on my part as I know there was a time that this sight would have wrenched at my heart, but I could do this again. The food, services, rooms and amenities were great. Expedia pics, candid pics. NB: Rasta Hubby, x-rated Hubby, our hideaway, the loving couple, the floating princess, Asian Dinner, our AM hangout, the strolling musicians. OK, so I only finished Ten Big Ones, and Angels & Demons - it was a slow reading week ;) Arriving late last night was a reality check. The floor guys had not finished saying that the heat and humidity had put a damper on the pace of the work. OK, so it was 100 or so degrees with high humidity so I have to cut them some slack. They left us a little welcome home message. AND they had piled boxes, the remaining pieces of furniture and all the doors and bottom shelves from the closets into our bedroom. We couldn't get to our bathroom or the one in the hall. But the new floors are down in the hallway, Phil’s office, Vanessa’s/ guest room, and my new office/craft room. They will repair the wall damage; patch and clean and then the walls will be repainted. All the carpet is gone – YES! The stairs are sanded and all the surfaces need 1 more coat of poly. The guys are here now, putting back the doors, shelves, moldings and doing any patching that needs done. They’ll be back tomorrow to replace the furniture. PROGRESS! Did I really just start this 3 weeks ago? I need to slow down, but I only have 2 weeks left to get this place back together... It helps to go back and see what this place looked like before. Oh yeah, I did manage to get down the ball of my foot on one of the socks… Good thing the pedicure matches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home