Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

New Project and more cleaning

Tomorrow is Joe's Birthday. He would have been 57. Yesterday I finished shredding the last of the paperwork. What a great surprise when I came across school day folders for J and V. V is so organized that she already has most of her stuff in albums and scrapbooks (gee, where does she get this from? At work they tease me about this, but I have to admit that the last year both work and house stuff have been let go). It was fun to see J's stuff all the way back to nursery school and up to college. I left it with the med-lift chair that he is picking up tonight. I think he will be surprised that I still had all this. Did manage to get some stuff out of the basement and into the garage. That pile is really growing, but when I get in one of these modes, watch out, EVERYTHING is going! I also scheduled a couple of window repairs and pickup of area rugs for when we get back. Anyone look at the time of these posts? You would think that I would be able to sleep during the summer, but no, I have to create projects for myself. Speaking of which, I went to Creative Fibers yesterday, now isn't that a surprise. Laura mentioned that she had been talking about me to someone "this lady who knits so incredibly tight" - now what does that say???? The spa is looking better and better for next week. Of course I just had to get a new project for the plane ride: Phil has a couple of sayings, well, more than a couple. One is "how come J and I don't get nothin'" and the other is "I can't even afford a pair of damn socks". So now he's getting a pair of freakin' socks! Plymouth Encore Worsted Color Spun, color7022, (75% Acrylic; 25% Wool, Gauge: 5 stitches = 1" on #8 needles, Yardage: 100 gms/220 yds, Care: Machine Washable, Machine Dry). I LOVE that the color is tutti fruitti - fitting, no? I thing he will look adorable in them. (I know I said I'd never work with acrylic again, but the darn things need to be washable and I couldn't find a superwash wool that I liked for this project. She is supposed to be getting 80% wool, 20% nylon in but I needed it NOW!).

The pattern is "Country Classic Yarn for Sox" Pattern 150 from Accessories Unlimited, PO Box 894 in Glastonbury, CT 06033 (Can't find any reference to this pattern). At least this pattern calls for #8 dps! And even with all the house chaos I did manage to finish two of the triangular bases of the Entrelac bag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home