Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Friday, June 16, 2006

Booby Sock

This arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday for the Whenever Sock of the Month Project. ! 2 skeins Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock: 80% Superwash Wool, 20% Nylon; 215 yards, 7 sts = 1"; Machine Washabe; Dye Lot 8053 Pale Pink.

So as I was looking over the pattern, I decided I would add the beads on later using a crochet hook method I found on the web. Then I decided to swatch. The pattern calls for 8 sts/in on size US 2. I get 10 sts/in on size 2, 9 sts/in on size 3, and finally 8 stitches on size 4!

My ankle is 8.5" so @ 8 sts/in I really need 68, but that only puts me off by 1/2" so I think that will be OK, without looking too holey.

So I have been playing and fretting. I really prefer the denser fabric on the size 2, so I recalculated for that and would have cast on 80 instead of the 64 called for. Then I could go back and use the pattern for Simply Splended Socks to complete the heel flap and foot.

And then I got to thinking maybe use the size 4 for the cuff and decrease only down to 84 for the foot. Then I would have a lacier pattern on the cuff and a nice dense fabric for the foot. These would be clog socks anyway. Need to figure out how to do the toe. I'll use the Eye of the Partrige heel.

Maybe I am just thinking too much!

Still working on the sweater for hubby, and the Sixth Sense Socks.

Had epidural injections yesterday, and the Valium kicked my butt. Came home and slept for 2 1/2 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home