Kathy's Knitting & Knothings

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Effie!

OMG, Phil bought the cutest little puppy for me! We had been thinking Bichon, but am so glad he called about a Maltese. We had been doing a lot of research and had narrowed it down to those two. Both of us are so happy with the decision. She is so even tempered, friendly, affectionate - what else can you want. I wasn't able to go look at the dog, but I trusted his judgment. Actually he kind of planted the seed, since I've been home so long, not being able to drive, thinking it would be good company for me.

She had a little accident in the car on the ride home, but actually backed up and pooped in the little dish attached to the crate! We got her and the crate all cleaned up and she has been a delight.

She just follows us around, and sits on our laps. Right now she is asleep on the sofa with hubby.

My son and daughter-in-law came to visit and just fell in love with her. They even picked up some baby shampoo and a little doggie toy for her! They are definately BIG dog people, Callie is a, well they say not so large, Golden. Compared to Effie, she is HUGE!

Effie doesn't seem to want to use the doggie pads, but has been fine with going outside right off our deck and she goes every time we take her out!

Took her for a car ride to get my husband's car, and she was awesome!

Isn't she adorable? All we've done is play with her since she got home. I want to get her groomed but we just love her!

Effie perched on the sofa. Just sitting in my lap! Too cute! Hmmm, you talkin' about me?

Gotta scramble tomorrow to set up vet and grooming appointments. If the leg and back are OK in the morning might chance a trip to PetCo... We'll see - the driving is still a MAJOR issue for me! I've only driven about 15 minutes for the last 2 days - just to pick up Phil 'cuz his car died, and to pick up his car today.

3 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 10:12:00 PM , Blogger me myself and i said...

awwww...cute puppy!

 
At 6/21/2006 12:03:00 AM , Blogger JenBin said...

awww!!! How cute!!!

 
At 6/21/2006 12:07:00 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Purdy! Your new friend is such a beauty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home